UPDATE ON USE OF MEDFORD MUNICIPAL PARKS, RECREATIONAL FACILITIES & OPEN SPACE AREAS
MAY 22, 2020
The Medford Township Council & Manager announced updated guidelines for use of municipally owned parks, recreational facilities, and open space areas.
Effective at dawn Saturday morning, May 23rd:
• All Township owned athletic fields will be opened with the following conditions:
o All social distancing guidelines must be followed.
o Face coverings are recommended.
o The Township owned tennis courts located in Headwater Village will open early next week when Township workers will install the nets.
o Per the Governor’s Executive Orders, absolutely no organized activities, including but not limited to, practices, games, scrimmages and training sessions.
• All basketball courts remain closed.
• The skate park at Freedom Park remains closed.
• The hockey rink at Hartford Crossing Park remains closed.
• All bathroom buildings, pavilions, and playgrounds in the parks remain closed.
To minimize contact between individuals and to protect the health and safety of residents & park visitors, we ask for everyone's cooperation and compliance. Medford Township does reserve the right to amend the use of these facilities if the above requirements are not adhered to.
Link to this announcement on Medford Township’s Website: